Scrolling Welcome Message

Welcome! Selamat Datang! Nalvaravu! 欢迎光临!

Friday, July 22, 2011

All My Thumb Drive Files Become ShortCuts Here Is The Solution

Recently , my thumb drive was infected by some kind of irrating virus that caused all my folders to become shortcuts which cannot  be open!

I thougth that was the end of my day as this thumbdrive contains all my years of hard work in web design , flyers and holiday pics....etc

Fortunately , i did a google and found the perfect soluton.
All my file in the thumbdrive are recovered. :)

See below Solution:
1. Click start>>run>>type in "cmd" 
Note: start button is normally located on the lower left of your pc screen



2. type the location of your flash drive.. e.g. "d:", "e:", "f:", etc..


3. type "dir /ah"


*you will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes


4. type "attrib "name of file/folder" -r -a -s -h"
example: attrib "My Doc" -r -a -s -h
(case of file name not sensitive- doesn't matter if you type "my doc" or "My doC" or "mY dOc")


*if you're going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension (format).. example "attrib party.jpg -r -a -s -h"


**if you have folders with 6 characters and above, type the first 6 characters then "~1".. example for folder named "birthday"


"attrib birthd~1 -r -a -s -h"


5. you should repeatedly type dir /ah after unhiding some files/folders so you'll know if they're now working or not..


6. now check you flash drive.. it should be there
Note: Refresh by F5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang